Monday, June 7, 2010

Dear Violet,

Well, you have your first ear infection.  You've been tugging at your right ear for a few days and you caught a fever last night, so I took you to the doc today and sure enough: infected.  Poor girl.  You've been fussy, but not "rotten fussy," more like "sleepy fussy."  I had to hold you down in the exam room so the doc could get out a wax "plug" in that ear, too, and you did NOT like it.  Man oh man, I didn't either.  I felt awful seeing you like that!  We now have antibiotics, so hopefully in the next couple days it'll get better.  We caught it pretty early so it's not bad, which makes me feel better.  You always get really clingy when you're not feeling well, and this is no exception.  I had to make a palate with my comforter in the living room for your nap today because although you were EXHAUSTED from the doc's office experience, you kept waking up when I'd put you in your crib.  I just suck it up and try to multitask, because I think that you should get all the loving and cuddles your heart can handle when you're sick.  This morning I just caught up on my DVR'd episodes while you slept on my chest.  I had a long list of things to accomplish, but comforting my sick baby quickly made it to the top of that list!

You're getting a lot better at walking.  I've lately been catching you walking by yourself more and more, without being "coaxed" from person to person.  You're starting to realize that you're getting better at it, and I love that look in your face that just says "I can do it, I can do it."  Such determination- you get that from your dad.

You had your first swimming experience this week!  That was special for me, because I'm a waterbug- I LOVE swimming.  What was even more special was the location in which it happened.  It was at Shelby and Adrian's pool, where I spent summer after summer as a kid with my brother and sisters.  They had blackberry bushes covering the corner of their back yard, and we'd take turns jumping out of the pool, picking 2 armfuls of berries, jumping back in the pool to wash them off, and we'd all eat them while we swam.  The water was probably purple by the end of the summer!  I have such great memories there of playing "alligator," and a made up game of holding onto each side of the diving board with my siblings, trying to kick each other's arms off the board.  We'd have breath-holding contests and races from one end of the pool to the other.  Summertime is the best!  You made me so proud- you LOVED the water, and even dunked your head all the way under the water the second day!  I was so nervous, but daddy and nana swore you'd do fine, and you did.  We went late in the afternoon so by the time we jumped out to dry off for the last time before we left, the light had warmed up from the sun starting to set.  Shelby has a beautiful back deck and yard, and you were sitting so calmly and contently in front of some lillies, and I couldn't help but have a little photo session.  Your big ol' sweet belly was just delectable in your little bathing suit.  It wasn't my first choice for bathing suit, but I was in a hurry when I got it.  It's cute enough, though, and I actually like you in blue because it matches your eyes.  Your eyes matched the bright aqua blue pool, and I couldn't help but think about how I have the most gorgeous little girl to ever grace the earth.  I think I see a little green coming out just around your pupils, so I think you may have blue-green eyes.  Such a beautiful combination with those pouty lips!

Here are pictures from the pool:

  Here's your pucker face!  I love it.
And here's your beautiful round belly in all its glory...
Here's a face you make that reminds me of Allison:
and here you are just babbling away.  I think you look like me here:
  Oh how I wish wish wish I hadn't moved my camera as I took this.  I almost missed this moment, so I'll take it, even if it's blurry.  This is a BEAUTIFUL moment.  It's rare to catch your daddy in a genuine moment on camera, and this is lovely.  He's so handsome, and you're just breathtaking.
And here we are.  You were in such a relaxed mood.  Being tired from the water, having the sun on your face, and there was a slight breeze, it was all just enough to make us relaxed and content.
I know I've known you for over 10 months now, but I just can't look at your face without feeling absolutely blown away.

I'll Love You Forever,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. that belly picture is now my background:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! She is so freak'n cute! I love the bathing suit and hat... too precious! The pucker face is awesome!

    ReplyDelete