Friday, March 12, 2010

Dear Violet,

This afternoon we had a picnic with some of my girlfriends and their kids.  I got you bathed and dressed before I got myself ready, and then you fell asleep on my bed right before I needed to get in the shower.  Now that you're crawling, I can't leave you on the bed, because you wake up and immediately start moving!  I didn't know if I should've chanced picking you up to move you to your crib, because you needed that nap, and you probably would've awoken.  So, instead, I chose to barricade you in the bed with pillows, blankets, and couch cushions, so if you fell, I'd at least know you didn't hurt yourself.  When I finished, I looked back and had to laugh at myself for all the trouble I went through on the small chance you'd wake up, and the small chance that if you woke up you'd fall. 

Then I smiled, leaned over and whispered:


I promise I will ALWAYS soften your fall.


I love you,
Mom

2 comments: