Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Violet,

You are finally crawling.  You were 7 months and 4 days old when you first took your awkward, clumsy, hilarious scoots across the floor.  I caught it on tape and sound like a goon because I was just so happy for you!  You have about 2398234 times more energy these days.  It seems like you've snuck into the coffee while no one was looking!  It's so much fun to watch your face while you feel these feelings of interest, determination, success or frustration, and pride when you go exploring around the house.  It's interesting to see what and where you want to explore, because this is the first time you've been able to get where YOU want to go, rather than just going along with where I put you.  You've discovered CHOICE!  It's really amazing how many little triumphs there are with a baby.  In these past 7 1/2 months, I've felt more pride than in the previous 27 years I've lived.  It's just wonderful to be a part and witness in your first everything.  I can't thank your dad enough for working so hard to enable me to stay home with you so I don't miss out on all these little things.  It's too good to be true.  I can't imagine my everyday life without you!

Your cousin Avery was born last week.  You wouldn't let me be in the delivery room with Sarah because it was in the middle of the night, and you had one of your "separation anxiety meltdowns" with dad, and he had to call me to come home.  You absolutely tear the heart out of anyone within ear shot of you with those meltdowns.  It makes me feel so guilty!  What's worse is that all you want is me.  You stop immediately when you see me, although you still have those hyperventilating breathing noises we all make when we've been crying uncontrollably for too long.  It just rips my heart out and stomps on it.  And I only hear about 7 seconds worth of it!  Poor nana, papa and dad for having to endure it until I get there!  Oh, I hope those fits don't last too much longer, because I'm not always going to be able to come back right that second!  It's always at night when this happens.  I don't know what to do to help it, either.  If I'm not the one to soothe you back to sleep after waking yourself up, all hell breaks loose.

You're sweet with Avery, although you want to be too rough with her.  You're also a little jealous when I hold her, and I thought that was adorable.  You wouldn't take your eyes off us!  She started crying when Sarah put her in the carseat and you started crying too, like you felt bad for her!  It was so sweet! 


We went for a walk tonight with Avery, Sarah and Nana, and you had fun until the very end.  You were pretty sleepy, but would still play peekaboo with Sarah and Nana.  It was a beautiful sunset.

Last weekend you came with me to Memphis to visit 2 of my friends there.  I was taking maternity photos for Kim, and then we met Sarah for lunch.  While Kim was changing outfits, I had to snap a few photos of you playing in the grass, so quiet and well behaved!  I was so proud of how wonderful you were that day.  Everyone we saw commented on how beautiful, happy, pretty you are.  I agreed with them. 

Seeing Avery makes me realize how fast you're growing up.  It's literally in front of my eyes.  I don't notice it everyday, but every couple weeks I'll look at you in wonder and awe at how much you've changed in such a short time!  You get more beautiful, more hilarious, more rambunctious, more inquisitive, and more loved every single day.

I love you,
Mom

 

1 comment:

  1. She sounds like so much fun these days! I love the picture with grass in her mouth! So cute!

    ReplyDelete