Friday, October 22, 2010

Dear Violet,

This morning your dad didn't have to go into work until 11, and I'm running a half marathon tomorrow morning, so these are 2 good reasons we decided to make pancakes for breakfast!  You love pancakes as much as we do.  It's the only non-dramatic way I can get you to come inside after our morning "outside time."  All I had to do was say "Let's go make some pancakes!"  And you just hopped right up those steps and came inside!

Nana B got you an apron and oven mitts for your birthday and you look SO CUTE in that apron.  You love to "help" me cook.  You're my little sous chef.  When you were helping me stir, you were getting it everywhere and trying to eat the flour mix, so I took the spoon away from you, and you weren't very happy about it...



You feel (and LOOK) like such a big girl when you get to stand up on a chair and help me flip the pancakes (You should use this photo on the back of your first cookbook- haha)!


Not yet!  Not yet!  You don't understand the concept of waiting until the sides get dry and bubbly before flipping them yet...


Oh, you love the reward of cooking as much as me!  I don't know if I've ever offered you a pancake without your face lighting up!  


Hmmmm, I guess it's time to start working on table manners...


My guess is that you'll be cooking on your own at about 3 years old!  I cherish the time we spend cooking together.  I love that you love it... and I love YOU!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment